Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tonto Bridge and Pinetop

Well, this is the first non 365 post in quite a while. I'm glad for the change and am really happy with what I have. A couple of weekends ago, we made a trip to Pinetop to spend a few days with some friends. The trip itself was spectacular. Being my first time to Pinetop, I was amazed at the beauty of the area.

On the way we made a stop at Tonto Natural Bridge. My wife and I can never pass up the opportunity to visit the area and soak up the sheer awesomeness of the natural formation. It's actually fun revisiting the same spot for a third time now. It never ceases to amaze, but also provides some growth for me in my photography. Having gotten some shots before, I wanted to try for a few new things. I'm extremely happy with what I got and am actually proud of the growth that I can see in my work from the last couple of visits.











After finishing at Tonto, we finally made the rest of our journey to Pinetop. I loved the entire area for the ease that it took to find yourself away from civilization. Just a quick 10 minute walk from the front door places you in the woods separated from any of the daily sights and sounds we grow accustomed to. One such walk found me roaming around the small pond below. We even ventured on a couple of Elk drives in which we were able to come across a family of elk, a deer, and even some wild turkeys. Needless to say, I was in heaven. I have to thank Pete and Marina for letting us stay with them and putting up with my desire to find some elk (sneaky little punks).











A small interesting side note, was our find on the drive home. We came back on Route 60, through Globe. Our primary intention was to drive the Salt River Canyon, but our find of Seneca Lake was very unexpected. Barely noticing it going 60 mph, we were able to pull off and eat lunch in this abandoned camp. I was ecstatic at the chance to photograph some derelict buildings and even try out my hand at some infrared shots. The shot below I felt was not only the best, but also conveyed the feel of the whole area.



I hope everyone enjoys the photos. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post them or email and I'd love to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment