Sunday, September 26, 2010

Project 365 - Week 7 "Noir"

Here we at the end of week 7. I really enjoyed this weeks set of noir photos since I've always found the style intriguing. Anyways, I went the route of not only shooting the visual style but even pushing the film noir feel common to some of cinema's older pieces. It was fun, but also led to some late nights. I did learn a lot on a technical level. I learned to use my MacGyver barn doors (two cut matte boards) on my flash which really helped in controlling the light. To further achieve the heavy contrast and shadows I really pushed the use of dodging and burning as well as curves in Photoshop.

Well, I hope that you all enjoy. I have to give thanks again to my wife for not only being a model but also helping with some of the not so easy shots.

If you would like to see a theme or subject for a week, please leave a comment and I will gladly do what I can to make your ideas into a week theme.


Day 43 - The Case


Day 44 - Le Femme Fatale


Day 45 - Secluded Meeting


Day 46 - The Stake Out


Day 47 - Late Night's Work


Day 48 - The Interrogation


Day 49 - Gateway's Veil

No comments:

Post a Comment