Thursday, August 5, 2010

West Valley Rose Fields

Hey everyone. Its been a couple of weeks due to some unfortunate photo shoot flops. I had intended a couple of shoots the past few weeks and one totally bombed and the other didn't really produce much. But, I'm not quite finished editing that set yet.

However, here we are with some new photos. Just the other night, we drove up to some rose fields that we have here in the west valley. After several trips by them, I finally figured lets just photograph them. So, perched on top off my car for an elevated shot, I snapped away several shots during sun set.



Before fully packing up, this will come back to bite me in the butt, we drove over to the site of an old German POW camp that was located in the west valley. All that remains is a small structure that has partially collapsed. Now, I had to learn the hard way to always double check my bag. This is because in my excitement to photograph the lot with the sun setting in the background, I took off running only to have my camera and telephoto lens fall out of my bag. Luckily, Canon makes some solid equipment, as nothing was broken and it all works. The small disaster was worth it though as I was very happy about the shot that I got.

1 comment: