Sunday, August 8, 2010

Project "365"

Well hello everyone. So my Sunday has been a jumble of photography in my head. I've been thinking of ways to stimulate my creative juices and get them flowing. While surfing the web (I did actually have surf shorts on) I came across a photographer today who's work I thought was quite amazing. Her name is Anna Gay (http://www.annagayphotography.com/) and she is now in her second year of challenging herself by taking one photo every day (her first year was strictly self portraits). Her work is very inspiring and it motivated me to do my own 365 project.

Now, I'm not sure that I'm going to be doing self portraits everyday for the next year (I'm simply not that attractive), but I am thinking of doing themes for different weeks or months. This is a very daunting task to say the least. I've actually passed on it before, long ago, but decided today that I shall not fall victim to the fear I have towards such a large project.

With that said, I'm ready to dive into this project and see where it leads me. I've been excited all day about it and look forward to each day and photo to come. Without further ado I present to you the photo for Day One: "Flippin It Upside Down"

No comments:

Post a Comment