Monday, April 19, 2010

Studio Tuesday - Self Portrait (Delayed)



Phew. First, I just wanted to say a grand hello to all. I apologize for the delay getting this post up. As you can see, my theme this week was self portraiture and it proved to be a tough one. I ended up setting up 3 separate shoots for myself, all of a very different nature. One reason for this was a mixture of ideas/concepts for the theme. On the one hand I was wanting to focus more on just taking good photographs, while on the other, I was wanting to capture a little bit of my personality.

For the first set, I was focused on a more serious tone. Beyond that focus, there wasn't much of a general idea that I had running through my head as to provide direction. This, I learned, was mistake number one. It was also the mistake that led to the other two shoots. I was pleased with some of the shots and as for the others, I have to say, I was quite confused as to what I was thinking, but here is the final product.



The second shoot was more of a "me" shoot. I was aiming to get a little of my silly side, and what better way than good old dodgeball. This shoot resulted in some good photos, but what we have here is what I think is a great depiction of me.



The third and final shoot had probably the most conceptual focus of the lot. I was aiming to get a more high contrast shot, thus the white background and me sporting the shades. The crop was also a forethought, as I was definitely leaning towards a very artsy look to this photo.



All in all, I feel that this week's theme was a success, albeit a very drawn out one a that. I hope everyone enjoys this past weeks selection. Please feel free to provide some feedback or any ideas for future themes. I will be posting again on Tuesday, so I hope you guys are hungry for some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment