Thursday, April 15, 2010

Arizona Thursday - Tonto Natural Bridge

Hello once again everyone. First off, I wanted to apologize for not posting this past Tuesday. I am still working on my studio work for the post however, so I will still be posting sometime this week.


Tonto Falls from top

With that said, we find ourselves at the weekly Arizona posting. I decided today to reach back into my archive of photos for some shots that I took while at Tonto Natural Bridge over a year ago. The reasoning for this post is the looming deadline of state park closures. If you are not already aware, due to shifts in funds and otherwise lack of funding, the state legislature has decided to close many state parks, one of which is Tonto Natural Bridge. Fortunately, the deadline for Tonto was pushed from June 3rd to September 27th, as the town of Payson has agreed to assist financially. Hopefully more can be done for our state park system and a solution can be found to avoid these closures. For news, updates, status of state parks, and ways we can help, swing by www.azstateparks.com and www.arizonastateparksfoundation.org


Tonto Natural Bridge


Tonto Falls from bottom

Hopefully we can keep our parks open and maintained.

1 comment: