Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Studio Tuesday - "The Kitchen Sink"



Our parent's always told us not to play with our food. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to do just that today. The idea for this weeks theme actually came from a magazine. This months Practical Photography ( http://www.photoanswers.co.uk/ ) had a "Kitchen Cupboard Challenge." So I figured why not take a stab at it and see what I can do. The basic challenge is to photograph anything that you have in your kitchen using daylight as your lighting.


My set-up was basic, I had a white plastic or bamboo cutting board for the background and positioned myself near to our biggest window. Arizona is great for indoor daylight photography as its always sunny, so there is always enough light pouring into the room. Anywho, I set my camera up on my tripod and angled it so that I was looking down on my subjects, only the shot of the peppers was taken from a side on view.



All in all, this was a really fun shoot, especially when I got to eat all of the food that I photographed after the shooting. I hope you all enjoy this weeks selection. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment