Thursday, April 29, 2010

Change of Pace

Hey everyone. I can guess you're probably wondering why I didn't post last weeks AZ Thursday and this weeks Studio Tuesday. Well, time gets crunched and I can't always do the things that I would like to do. So, to change the beat we're moving to around here, I've decided on a new posting scheme. Before you freak out, I am still going to be posting at least once a week. To allow this though, I have to pull back a bit and ensure that I have subject matter to photograph. What this means is a wider variety of photography that I will be posting. With that said, here we go.



I've been chomping at the bit to try and get some more photography of kids. Luckily my sister was in town this weekend and I was able to go over to see her and my nephew Carter. Needless to say, he has grown a ton since I last saw him. I was glad that I made the decision to bring my camera, though what kind of photographer would I be if I didn't do that? I didn't get tons of shooting in, but I was able to come up with this photo. I was really wanting to try my hand at using my new 50mm lens as it allows a really shallow depth of field. I am really happy with the results that I got from this shot. Shooting kids can be tough but I love the challenge and the pay off is rewarding.

Well, that will be all for today. Again, any ideas for some photos and I would be glad to try my hand at them. Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Very good, like an ad! I would love to get our family photos done soon! maybe next week if you have the time!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete