Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Arizona Stronghold "Tazi" Wine



Renee Keele, my sister-in-law and operator of her "Wine a bit" blog, periodically brings me wines to photograph for her posts. This time I was asked to photograph a bottle of Tazi wine by Arizona Stronghold. Being an Arizona wine with a name referencing to the Chiricahua Apache, Chief Tazi, I wanted to try to capture the two subjects in a shot with the wine. Luckily, I had access to a pair of old cowboy boots and belt that had the turquoise in the buckle.

With the items set against a black backdrop, I attached my home-made snoot (used to direct light and not let it spill out everywhere) to my flash and took several photos lighting from different angles. Once I was happy with the photos, I transferred them to my computer and picked the two best. From there I layered the images, blending them to get the effect that I had used two separate lights in the photo. A few touch ups and the above photo is the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment