Sunday, March 6, 2011

Project 365 - Week 27 "Tres Rios Festival: The Birds"

Its that time of week again. This weekend I attended the annual Tres Rios Festival held here in Goodyear, AZ at the Estrella Mountain Park. I myself had never been to the event before this year and I have to say, it was a blast. There were tons of booths that you could find yourself wandering in to: bird watchers, falconers, parks, wildlife, and more. Those who were running the booths were extremely friendly and were very capable of providing you with tons of information pertaining to their field. If you are an Arizona resident (or enjoy visiting the state) and enjoy the outdoors, this is the place for you.

With that said, on to the photography. I was ecstatic that I was able to get so close to so many different birds and be able to photograph them. The only downside to the whole layout was that many of them were under tents where there was no sunlight to provide any kind of shadows, but I was still excited for the opportunity to photograph such beautiful birds. For most of these shots I was shooting with my 70-300mm telephoto zoom, but their were a couple that I switched out for my 100mm macro (this was used for some other animals that I photographed). All in all, it was a great chance for me to add to my wildlife portfolio. Now I just need to go out with the falconers when they take their hawks on a hunt.


Day 183 - Great Horned Owl


Day 184 - Raven


Day 185 - American Kestrel Falcon


Day 186 - Screech Owl


Day 187 - Red Tail Hawk


Day 188 - Coopers Hawk


Day 189 - Barn Owl

1 comment: