Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cactus Bloom and Idle Photo

Hey everyone. So I had quite a venture this past weekend. I made a trip down to Sierra Vista (way the heck out there) to observe the humming bird tagging along the San Pedro River. The trip had some hick-ups, Tucson road construction being one of the main culprits. Anyways, while on our trip, during lunch, I noticed a saguaro that was blooming. Now I've seen some here and there, but I never quite found the one I wanted to photograph. This guy was amazing though. The buds and flowers were arranged perfectly and I was even lucky enough to climb up on a rock to get a straight on shot rather than shoot looking up towards the cactus. Anywho, here is the shot that I got.



To keep this post from getting short and also that I am super excited about this photo, I've decided to start a little bit of what I will call "Idle Photo." Basically, I will always have photos that weren't posted as they might not quite fit the subject of the post, but are worthy of being posted. So after sitting idle, I will find ways to squeeze them into small posts or posts of their own. To start this off, there is no other photo than one of the first that I ever took. This photo was taken with my first camera (Canon Digital Rebel), literally a month after I got it. I was on a family vacation in Boston and while there we made a trip to Lexington. While there I took this photo which has hung out on my hard drive now for the last 5+ years. I brought it back to life this past week as I was looking for a colorful photo to fill an empty frame in my home. So without further ado....

No comments:

Post a Comment